Monday, May 13, 2013

Tiffany Goonetilleke


 I am a proud people watcher. If you want to know what someone is thinking don`t listen to their words, pay attention to their actions. Prior to this trip I knew a few simple things about Japanese people but still was not quite sure what to expect. As a collective group all of us going on this trip were a nervous and not sure what to expect when coming to Japan. Personally I was nervous about meeting my host family. "Will they like me? Will I offend them? Do I take off my shoes before entering their house? What kind of food will they feed me?" These are a few of the questions I asked myself upon entering Japan.
   Little did I realize that I would fall in love with Japan and it's people. I am overwhelemd by the hospitality not only my host family has shown me but also all of the people I have met here. People in Japan are respectful, kind, polite, intelligent, fashion-forward, healthly, and so much more. I have had an excellent experience with my family. I could not beleive how much affection and kindess they have treated me with. As for meeting strangers, all those who I have met think so highly of Americans! People from afar may look at us (American students that is) but never in a way to be uncomfortable or rude, just out polite curiosity.
    As an American I hope to adapt some of the Japanese mannerisms into my lifestyle back home in the U.S. I love how well people dress here, they take pride in their careers and how their apperance. I never expected to fall in love with Japan or her people, but I now know a part of my heart will forever be in this beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment